Bruff's Bark Blog: Hello Hello Hello

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Hello Hello Hello


Now this boy is a Pro Bono case, his name is Levi and he is a Staffy Collie cross. He is about 10 years old and has had no training. He is seldom on a lead, likes to run away and not come back.

I have taken on Levi, and already he can walk on a lead, sits and waits at road crossing and the main bug bare is BARKING - it all comes down to is exercise,attention,stress and fear.  I am not a fan of barking doggies in a good or bad way.  I have been working with Skye with her barking - she does it out of fear. That is a hard one to crack, fear. Sometimes she can be fine but sometimes she can go mad.



Levi gets on well with most dogs but you have to be careful, because of his age and his breeds he can be possessive of toys.  I bring my own toys to the park so that no dogs can get to attached to one toy.  Levi has come on leaps and bounds he has calmed down he does not bark in when I have him out he has stopped going mad in his house because he is exercised.

Working with dogs that have problems is so satisfying it puts a smile on my face. To have other neighbours comment and watch the dog progress in a short period of time is very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment